Follow us on Twitter and get fast updates about new writing jobs. Follow @WritingAxis
FierceMarkets, the publisher of FierceBiotech and FiercePharma, is looking for a freelance writer for the launch of our FierceCannabis publication. FierceCannabis will cover the cannabis sector’s advance in the marketplace as legislative hurdles are overcome. We will focus heavily on the legal and regulatory aspects of the industry with an added focus on M&A, sales and marketing, and distribution.
We are looking for a professional business journalist with experience writing about the cannabis industry. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in journalism with a minimum of 2 years of experience covering the business side of cannabis.
Writing assignments include:
– Four top news stories per week – approximately 250-300 words
– Long form special reports written as needed – approximately 500-750 words
The ideal candidate will:
– Find and identify stories with little guidance from senior editors
– Conduct interviews via phone and/or email
– Closely follow style guidelines with little need for supervision
– Fact check with multiple sources and ensure accuracy of their reporting
– Rates range from $75-100 per story depending on the scope of the assignment and the level of experience of the writer.
– Long form special reports and enterprise reporting will range from $500-750 depending on the length and scope of the project.
Please submit a resume and a minimum of three examples of your work to Rebecca Willumson at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is available starting February 1.