The Daily Dot is the web’s most comprehensive source for original reporting, reviews, and news about streaming entertainment. Our content reaches 12 million readers each month.
The Daily Dot’s Upstream section is dedicated to helping readers figure out what to watch online and how to do so. To that end, we’re looking for a sports writer who can preview upcoming events for everything from the Masters and La Liga to UFC and the NBA playoffs. Our ideal candidate can report with authority, clarity, and great attention to detail. This is a freelance opportunity (flexible hours, not full-time).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Write informational guides for various live sporting events and related content
- Optimize each article for maximum search potential
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have at least 2 years of journalism experience
- You have familiarity with the Daily Dot brand, sports, and major streaming entertainment services
- You are skilled in multitasking and prioritizing in a rapidly changing environment
- You are comfortable in a small, intense and fast-growing start-up/entrepreneurial setting
- You are fluent in AP Style and in-house style guidelines
- You have familiarity with best practices for SEO
- You are available approximately 15-20 (daytime) hours per week
- Experience working as part of a virtual team a plus